GuernseyTingle desired to create a new energy for the building, without adding a pretentious neighbor to the understated historic Duke of Gloucester Street.
Originally built in 1935, with several additions and renovations over a period of 35 years.
Inside, previously existing components were resurrected throughout the project. Interior “window walls” from the former bank offices were salvaged and reinstalled to create dining nooks. The hallmark iron gate was also retained and re-installed as a space divider and accent.